Hardware Acer Iconia A500
Software Android, version 3 or 4.
Status: FROZEN in boot, with Acer logo displayed.
User guide ( if needed to understand how the buttons are positioned)
1. Download update.exe from Acer support or http://www.4shared.com/zip/ZNHgG5Hd/update.html?cau2=403tNull
(you will need an account)
2. Save to microSD on top/root folder
3. insert microSD into tablet
4. With tablet OFF
- position LOCK SWITCH towards the VOLUME buttons
- hold down the VOLUME DOWN button (closest to the tablet top), and the POWER button until screen is showing some small lines in one corner in regards to clearing cache…
-move few times the LOCK SWITCH up and down util it starts to download software and wait for the progress line (green line) to show it’s finished.
After that the tablet will reboot itself to a fresh Android installation.
CREDITS to XDA forum.